The recent shift in trends has seen a rise of a new industry, Blogging. A few years ago, blogging was not a full-time gig, as it has become today. It’s a low-investment business that you can literally grow from home. All you need is your Frontier internet deals and a blogging platform that suits your style. There are many choices when it comes to blogging platforms. Most of which are free.
Why Do You Need A Blogging Platform?
Before you can start blogging, you need a space online where you can post all your content. This is where blogging platforms come into play. They make it possible for you to publish and share your content. Content management platforms offer a range of features to cater to different blogging formats and styles.
Let’s review some of the most popular blogging platforms and what they offer.
3 Blogging Platforms to Help You Select the Right One for You
If you are a seasoned blogger looking for a change in platforms, you likely have your feature preferences. If, however, you are a beginner, you might want to start with one that focuses on ease of use. Selecting a reliable platform that offers good features is vital to launching your blogging career.
Here are 3 platforms that you can consider for blogging in 2019:
WordPress has two versions, one is a .org domain and the other is a .com. Most people prefer the .org version, which is the original. You can use this open-source platform as long as you have a domain and web hosting services.
Let’s take a look at the most prominent pros and cons of the platform:
- It is easy to optimize content for search engines. You should remember that SEO is integral to your blogging activities. As such, select a platform that allows for stress-free SEO capabilities with additional plugins. This will allow you to get more traffic to your blog posts.
- It can help you generate revenue streams. As a blogger, your objective could be to turn a profit. This platform offers features like setting up an online store or paid memberships. Using these added features is a good way to grow your blog and make some money.
- There are thousands of customizable options. You can select from nearly 54,000 free plugins and an immense library of themes. These are more than enough to ensure that your visitors will have a unique experience on your blog.
- It also gives you complete control of your blog or website.
- Backups and security will be your responsibility. While there are third-party applications that are compatible with the platform. However, managing those subscriptions and scheduling backups are not automated.
Tumblr is great for a beginner. It focuses more on developing social media following and sharing. It is categorized as a micro-blogging platform, making it a little easier than regular platforms.
Let’s weigh the pros and cons to get a better understanding of its features and limitations:
- It is extremely simple to set up your account and start blogging
- The platform integrates social media components well. It also allows others to follow your blog and share your posts.
- It is free for use. The free blog will get you a subdomain like https://yourblogname.tumbler.com. Additionally, a custom domain name can be yours for a premium.
- It has limitations. The features Tumblr offers are limited and aren’t going to be enough as your blog grows.
- Backing up your blog is not an easy process. Additionally, it is complicated to import your content onto another platform.
Medium is perfect for those of us who are more comfortable in a social media platform environment. Similar to social networking sites, Medium is an online community of writers, journalists, and bloggers. You can use the platform to create your account and start publishing your content.
Here are a few of the platform’s pros and cons to help you decide if it can be the right fit for your needs:
- You can keep focusing on developing your writing skills and content quality. Since you don’t have to worry about layouts and formatting, your blog is more content driven.
- Like a social media platform, it gives you the option of reaching out to a like-minded community to boost your content views.
- You don’t need to be a technical whiz to make the most of the platform.
- Since it is like a social media platform, it offers limited features. It isn’t the best option available if you are looking to build your brand.
- The platform has control over your audience. This means that you stand to forego your entire following if you lose your blog.
- Currently, there is no way for you to sell ad space on your blog. The platform reserves that right, instead of you.
- You cannot customize your domain. It is like a social media profile in this regard. You get a subdomain URL for your profile.
More people are trending towards blogging. They are creating their following based on various passions and skills. Some bloggers can earn really well, as long as they can manage to maintain high levels of audience engagement. Plus there are hardly any additional costs involved with this business. All you require are your content, publishing platform and Frontier bundles. Blogging offers a more attractive lifestyle choice for most people today. The flexibility and values the lifestyle offers are unmatchable.