The case study is an important part of teaching in various fields. Students in the field of accounting, business, finance, and numerous other branches of study are given case studies so that they can enhance their understanding of a certain situation. The purpose of professional qualifications is to prepare the students to overcome the situations they might feel while they are in the professional field. Therefore, the students are given various real-life scenarios in the form of case studies so that they can learn from them.
What is a case study?
A case study is like a story based on real-life events. Through this, research is carried out on how a certain company or business faced a difficult situation. It also explains that by implementing what techniques they were able to get out of that situation. A lot of people think that a case study can also be used as a marketing technique. But it is not. It can be used along with your ads to provide additional information but it can alone not be used as an effective marketing tool.
This is the reason why a lot of teachers think that case studies will be an effective tool to help students understand the situation and find a solution to that situation. But every student is not the same. There are a lot of students that need case study help. We are going to explain some important techniques that should be considered while writing a case study.
Preparation of case:
The first and foremost thing to be done is to understand the case fully. This will help you in drafting a complete case study the most. Therefore
- You must first fully understand what the case study is about. While doing this, you can take notes or highlight important facts so that you do not have to repeatedly read the case.
- Next, you need to analyze the case. In this step, you should try to find out the actual problems and how are they are making the situation worse. What are the basic reasons for those problems and how they are affecting the business or organization understudy? Find out the person responsible for those problems.
- Then you must try to find out possible solutions to those problems. The best way is to find out 4 to 5 possible solutions to the problems. You can also use other case studies or similar cases to find out the solution.
- Choose the best possible solution and explain all the pros and cons of that solution. Explain fully how that will help the organization get out of that situation. You also need to provide your answer along with evidence.
Formatting of the case:
This is the most important step in writing a case study. The basic purpose of giving the assignment is to familiarise the students with different case studies. Therefore, you need to properly format your case study and write all the steps in a specific order. If you ask for techniques that will provide you with case study writing service, everyone will put a lot of emphasis on following the format. Therefore, after getting all the information, follow these steps
- The first step is the introduction of the case study. In this step, you need to tell the reader about the whole situation and how that is affecting the organization. Therefore, you need to give the key issues regarding that situation. The introduction must also include a thesis statement. This statement is a summary of the outcomes of your case study which should not be more than 2 to 3 sentences.
- The second step is to provide a complete background of the problem and its implications. You need to properly demonstrate that you have carried out extensive research about the problem.
- The next step is a complete evaluation of the case. Explain the parts of the case study that are the main problem. Explain how they have helped in creating the problem and why they cannot be eradicated.
- The fourth step of a case study is the possible solutions. In this step, you will need to provide all the proposed solutions to the problem. The best way is to provide 2 to 3 solutions and then choose the best one amongst them. This will show that you have thoroughly studied the case. You also need to provide evidence that shows how your proposed solution will be effective. This can be from earlier case studies, concepts explained in class, etc.
- The final step is the recommendations. In this step, you need to explain how the proposed solution can be implemented and what ways should be followed so that the problem is solved completely. Also, point out the people that must be put in charge of solving the situation at hand.
All the above-mentioned steps will provide you with a lot of case study help and will enable you to get maximum marks.