The Entrance Examinations Accepted by the Best Engineering Colleges in Mumbai. Only a few cities are so economically advanced that they have earned the title of “A city that never sleeps.” Mumbai is the only city in India that has earned this title.
Also known as the city where dreams come true, Mumbai is also the centre of higher education in the Western region of India. The city possesses the necessary infrastructure to be this centre for higher learning. As such, there are many engineering colleges in Mumbai that can compete with the very best in the country.
To gain admission into the best engineering colleges in Mumbai, students must pass certain competitive entrance examinations that are listed in this article.
The Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test is a state level examination conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education of Maharashtra State. It is a computer based (online) examination divided into three papers. Papers I and II consist of 100 questions each, and Paper III consists of 50 questions. Engineering students have to appear for Papers I and III to gain admission into engineering colleges in Mumbai. Paper I consists of Physics and Chemistry while Paper III consists of Mathematics.
The maximum mark that can be obtained in this test is 200 and there is no negative marking in the examination.
The MHT CET syllabus includes the 11th and 12th standard syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The class 11 syllabus is given 20% weightage while 80% weightage is given to the 12th class syllabus.
The application fee for MHT CET is Rs.800 for General candidates and Rs.600 for Reserved candidates. This payment can be done through both online and offline methods.
To qualify for this entrance examination to engineering colleges in Mumbai, students must meet the following eligibility criteria –
- The candidates must be Indian and must have passed class 12 or equivalent examinations with a minimum score of 50%
- The students who have passed a Diploma in Engineering and Technology with a minimum score of 50% can apply
- The students who have obtained qualifying marks in JEE Main Paper I can also apply
The best engineering colleges in Mumbai that accept MHT CET score for their admission procedure are –
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute
- The University of Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology
- Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Technology
- Father Conceicao Rodrigues College of Engineering
- Don Bosco Institute of Technology
- Vidyalankar Institute of Technology
- Sardar Patel Institute of Technology
- Xavier Institute of Engineering
- St. Francis Institute of Technology
MHT CET is the premier state level entrance examination for students to gain admission into engineering colleges in Mumbai.
II. NPAT (National Test for Programs After Twelfth)
This entrance examination is conducted by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies or NMIMS. The application fee is Rs.1800 for one school, Rs.3000 for two schools, and an increment of Rs.1000 for additional schools. NMIMS consists of some of the best engineering colleges in Mumbai. The duration of the NPAT is 120 minutes in an online based environment.
The students who are desirous of gaining admission into NMIMS must meet the following eligibility criteria –
- The students must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with a 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- The students who have passed Diploma in Engineering are also eligible.
- The students must not be over 25 years of age at the time of application
The NPAT consists of 120 questions divided into –
- 30 questions of Physics
- 30 questions of Chemistry
- 30 questions of Mathematics
- 20 questions of Logical Intelligence
- 10 questions of Language Proficiency
In order to complete the examination, students must complete each question within 1 minute.
The MHT CET and NPAT are thus the most important entrance examinations to gain admission into the best engineering colleges in Mumbai.