Doctors see many women suffering from candida infections. Candida affects the darker, moist areas of the body – it is a bacterium that’s already present in us, but an overgrowth of the same results in undesirable symptoms.
So, it can affect your ears, throat, private areas, and digestive tract. Doctors normally tend to focus on the organ that’s affected instead of looking at the bigger picture. Typically, there are four stages in candida overgrowth.
- Gut Stage – Candida starts in your tummy when it becomes unbalanced. Excess bloating after meals, gas, and constipation. It starts rather suddenly, and you take laxatives, antacids to counteract these issues.
- Vaginal Stage – Candida from the gut can make its way to your vagina. The bowel cell lining becomes thinner, and candida toxins leak into your bloodstream. The first part to be affected is your vagina, resulting in discharge, burning, and itching.
- Cognitive Stage – It’s a side effect where your brain isn’t as active as it should be, and you forget the smallest things. If you eat sugary foods with candida symptoms, your metabolism ferments that sugar, turning it into alcohol. You feel hungover a few hours later!!
- Fatigue Stage – The lack of mineral and vitamin deficiency is worsened when candida symptoms are active.
How to Reduce Candida Symptoms?
Top experts advise people to follow these top ideas to cure candida permanently.
- Smart Diets
Certain foods can trigger Candida overgrowth. These are refined, processed foods, grains, and items rich in gluten. You should lower starchy vegetables like carrots, potatoes, heavy dairy products, red meats, and alcohol. Replace all these food groups with their exact opposites. To make it easier, here’s a diet chart.
|Chickoos, mangoes, grapes, cherries||berries, oranges, limes, lemons|
|carrots, potatoes, corn, peas||cucumber, onion, eggplant, cabbage, celery, tomatoes|
|Chips, bread, candies, cereals, cookies||Buckwheat, millet, oat bran|
Other replacements include the addition of eggs, chicken, turkey, salmon as these are healthy protein sources. Do include fats in the form of olives, avocadoes, flax oil, sesame oil.
- Switch Your Clothing
Wear loose, fitting, comfortable clothes made from cotton, silk, and light fabrics. Keeping your private area as dry as possible prevents the candida bacteria from thriving. Try to avoid tight-fitting items like leggings, stockings, nylon, or synthetic fabrics that cause moisture and body heat buildup.
- Avoid Scented Items
During this time, your skin is agitated and reacts badly to scented items you apply to your body. You will find a lot of artificial chemical scents in sprays, soaps, washes, creams, pads, and tampons. When symptoms flare up, try and avoid all of these. Instead, shop around for non-scented items that can be found easily in the market.
- Boost Immune System
Candida can even affect individuals with a weak immune system. This is when most hormones, bacteria levels are unbalanced and can result in higher candida bacteria count. For this, you have to get healthy with eating and exercising right. If you have an illness, then you work with your doctor till you get well.
- Get Medical Help
Candida symptoms have to be addressed medically. See your doctor the moment they start. Not everyone has a chronic case, and, in most cases, they vanish with medications. If you have frequent candida flare-ups, then you have to follow certain lifestyle changes ensuring that you prevent the things that trigger candida.
- Manage Antibiotics Intake
Don’t take antibiotics if you don’t need them, even when you’ve got a cold. Antibiotics are capable of destroying bad and good bacteria. It is possible to get candida while taking them. Always do so under a doctor’s diagnosis. If you do see a doctor for candida, let them know that you’re taking antibiotics.
If you want to check the home remedies for yeast infection look this post from goodwellnesstips.com
Kindly share your thoughts in the comment section. Thank YOU.