Creating an online contest is one of the robust forms of marketing. With the help of it, you can extend your arms to a considerable amount of people. To be precise, it will help you to build a community that is essential for the success of your business. Besides, it will play a pivotal role in building brand awareness amongst people. However, there are some factors that you need to keep in mind before creating an online contest. Here, we will share those factors with you.
The elemental thing that you should consider is the purpose of your competition. You have to set your goals and comprehend the results that you want to extract from this competition. For instance, if your goal is to increase the number of contacts in your mailing list, you have to craft your competition according to that. Here, you have to ask some questions to the user and request them to fill-up the form, which must encompass their email id, DOB, and a picture. Deter yourself from making the competition unnecessarily complicated. The easier user experience will bring you more sign ups.
GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation)
To protect data privacy, the authority came up with a new regulation known as GDPR. So, whenever you are taking any private information from the participants, you need to keep the principles of GDPR in mind. So, here are the principles that you should know.
- All the contestants must provide you with explicit consent before you use their data for marketing.
- There must be active opt-in by the contacts.
- The language of the consent should be easy to understand and plain.
- A person has the right to refuse consent without any adverse consequences.
- If you want to take consent from a child, you have to make sure that there is also parental consent.
- Besides, if a person wants to withdraw his or her consent, they can do it anytime.
So, keep the GDPR principles in mind before creating an online competition. It will protect you from giving a hefty amount of fine.
Comprehending the purpose is not the only thing that you need to do before creating an online competition. Apart from that, you need to think about the development of the process as well. Once you acknowledge the purpose of your competition, you have to build the landing page for it. And for that, you have to make sure that your development team is experienced and trustworthy. It is necessary to work with a trustworthy team so that you can get the expected result. Also, they will take care of the situation if any errors or bugs appear during the building of the landing page.
You should add relevant rules on your landing pages. Many voting providers like https://vapulsemedia.net help contestants to win contests. So creating good landing page with super quality is mandatory.
After creating the landing page, you have to make people sign-up for the competition. So, can you reach up to your targeted people? Well, for that you have to make sure that the prize is alluring enough. Apart from that, there are some other things that you can do.
- Reach out to the bloggers who are related to the same market.
- Also, there are various competition sites where you can promote your competition. A lot of people will sign through these websites.
- Team up with social media channels which will help you to host the competition.
It is the final factor that you should consider. Here, you have to pick up your winner and send him or her prize. However, don’t forget the other competitors. Send them with discount coupons. It will help you to gain more sign-ups.
So, here are the factors that you should check before conducting an online competition.