Fish oil is known as Omega-3 Fatty Acid. These are essential fats that provide many benefits. Fish oil is available in capsules as a supplement just like different vitamins. There are different types of fish oils or you may say Omega-3 Fatty Acids. They have different uses, benefits, etc. These oils are easily available in the market.
You can also order these from home on Sports Inside but before you do that, let’s proceed to the latest well-researched description of fish oils step by step.
What is Omega-3 Fatty Acid?
It is a form of polyunsaturated fat. These fats are very essential for our body and health but they are not produced by our body itself. Apart from being used for energy or stored, they play an important part in body functions related to heart, brain, and inflammation.
3 most important types of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
There are many types of Omega-3 Fatty Acids but what are ton be known by you, are only three basic types.
1. Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA)
It is the common omega-3 fatty acid. It is found in plants and is to be converted into DHA or EPA if not utilized by the body. This process is not much efficient and only little amount is converted to DHA and EPA. More consumption of ALA reduces the risk of heart problems and cancer. It is found in plants like chia, walnuts, soybeans, flax, hemp, spinach, etc. Seed oil like flaxseeds and canola oil are rich in ALA.
2. Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)
Our body uses EPA to produce signaling molecules that play an important part in reducing inflammation and physiological benefits. Studies suggest that fish oils high in DHA and EPA help in reducing symptoms of depression. It also suggested that EPA is more beneficial than DHA. Both of these are found in seafood. EPA is high in salmon, shrimp, sturgeon, eel, and herring. Grass-fed animals and meats also contain EPA.
3. Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)
This is found in baby formula milk to improve the vision of infants. It is responsible for brain function in both, adults and children. Deficiencies lead to learning disabilities, aggression, and ADHD. It’s deficiency also contributes to Alzheimer’s disease and impaired brain functioning. It positively effects on high blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, and cancer. It boosts heart health as it helps in reducing triglycerides. It is present in seafood, algae, and fatty fish.
Other types of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
These fatty acids are rarely found in your diet.
- SDA (Stearidonic Acid)
- ETA (Eicosatetraenoic Acid)
- Tetracosapentaenoic Acid
- DPA (Docosapentaenoic Acid)
- HTA (Hexadecatrienoic Acid)
- Tetracosahexaenoic Acid
- ETE (Eicosatrienoic Acid)
- HPA (Heneicosapentaenoic Acid)
These fatty acids are not essential to you.
Benefits of Fish oil
There are many benefits of consuming fish oil such as;
1. It helps in treating mental disorders such as bipolar, schizophrenia, etc. It helps in reducing symptoms of these disorders.
2. It helps in reducing weight. These supplements work well with exercise or diet.
3. These supplements are good enough for vision. Consuming these for around 19 weeks helps in vision improvement in AMD patients.
4. These oils help in reducing inflammation, arthritis, pain in joints.
5. They promote healthy and glowing skin.
6. Fish oils provide good support in pregnancy and the early life of a child.
7. It also helps in reducing liver fat.
8. These oils help significantly in reducing depression symptoms.
9. Hyperactivity and attention in children are also improved.
10. Symptoms of mental decline are also prevented by the use of these oils.
11. Another important benefit related to health is that these oils help in improving asthma and allergy symptoms.
12. Last but not least, it strengthens bones.
Uses of Fish oil
These supplements are used for reducing problems such as;
- Blocked arteries
- Miscarriages in women
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Involuntary weight loss
- Kidney damage
- High blood pressure
- Motor skill disorder
- Menstrual cramps
- Abnormal level of fat in HIV patients
- Itchy skin
- Weak bones
- Treating Hallucinations
- Raynaud syndrome
Deficiency of the 3 essential types of fatty acids results in depression, lower intelligence, arthritis, heart disease, cancer, and other health issues.
Where to get these?
These are easily available at websites, stores, pharmacies, and especially on the stores that are selling multivitamins, supplements, etc.
These Omega-3 Fatty Acids are very essential for human health. The two which are at the top, are EPE and DHA. These are found in seafood and are also a good option for vegetarians. Go and grab these fish oils for your skin, hair, and all over beauty. Getting so much from one product is luckily here for you.