How To Keep Yourself Healthy In Summers? Summers are sweaty, tiring, and restless. The brightly shining sun over your head, the warm breeze that flows throughout the day, and the irresistible urge to gorge on frozen treats make you vulnerable to many health issues like sore throat, skin problems, respiratory issues, and other ailments.
Given the current scenario, it’s more than crucial to take care of your health than ever. Take care of your body because it’s the only place you have to live in. So, here’s how you can take care of your body, mind, and soul in summers.
- Stay Hydrated: With the rising levels of heat, it has become imperative that you keep yourself well hydrated to prevent bouts of heat-strokes, debilitating heat-related illnesses, and other health issues. Hydration can keep your body overheating in check. Drink lots and lots of water, preferably eight to nine glasses of water per day. Eat juicy fruits and vegetables that help in hydration like watermelon, cucumber, strawberries, oranges, lettuce, skim milk. Add these to your regular meals in the forms of salads, smoothies, and vegetables.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: We understand, hot summers make you crave for cold beverages. But, alcohol and caffeinated drinks make you dehydrated super soon. Try to reduce your intake of fizzy drinks, coffee, and alcohol in summers. If at all possible, replace them with plain or flavored water (detox water) or with refreshing fresh juices and berry smoothies.
- Eat Healthy And Light: The change in the season demands a change in eating habits. Winters are all for fried and oily foods, but summers call for healthy and light meals. Oily and heavy food can disturb your cholesterol levels and bowel system. Make your diet colorful by adding a lot of fruits and vegetables that are light and refreshing to consume. Limit the intake of meat, junk foods, and eat foods like garlic, chili tomato, etc. On festivals, when you are tempted to gorge on everything sweet and fried, watch out the proportions or go for healthier options. For the upcoming festival of Raksha Bandhan, decorate your rakhi thali with kids rakhi, roli-chawal, sweets and delicacies that are light to eat for the health of your digestive system.
- Exercise Daily: Move your body daily, but refrain from strenuous exercises. Any form of exercise like yoga, stretching, pilates, etc. will keep you active and increase blood flow in the body; thus keeping the body cool. Because in summers, bones and muscles are warmed up, exercise is great to prevent injuries. So, exercise in the morning or evening when the weather is slightly cool.
- Avoid Sun Exposure: Protect yourself from the scorching sun as much as you can. Stay indoors, and take rest. If you have to go out for rakhi shopping as it is the upcoming festival; wear sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a scarf. Protect your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays and also yourself as heat can cause you to faint and other health issues. Otherwise, you can always comfortably buy rakhi online and save yourself from the heat.
Follow these steps to keep your body and mind healthy during summers from various health ailments and to enjoy it to the fullest. Happy Summers!