Instagram always happen to be a social media rarity which will be staying relatively true to its core values right from the time it was incepted in 2010 even after it was bought by Facebook in 2012. There have been multiple additions of new filters from the time it first came to the market till now and there has been the introduction of video content in this lot. But, in this area of grant new schemes of things listed out, there have been some changes which are well built in line with what the other users are actually aiming for. Not only for the users but the same notion is followed for the businesses as well. However, few years back in the year 2017, this social networking site owned by Facebook announced some of the controversial plans to change what users are actually seeing on their feeds right now.
Growing the value of this platform:
Right now, the main use of Instagram is business centric in nature. More and more businesses, whether big or small, are now taking help of this social networking platform for growing their values and to attract some more crowd towards their sides. They are well associated with all the pros and cons of this social site and using IG at its fullest potential over here. Growing Instagram followers base and then asking influencers to promote and sponsor ads will be some of the major leagues associated with IG and its ever changing platform. Each algorithm brings in some more new changes and additional features, which can change your game plan for the betterment now. You have to learn about those changing algorithms to use this platform at its full potential and not missing out on any opportunity to grow your business.
Norms of this photo sharing app:
This perfect photo sharing application has shown content traditionally in the reverse chronological manner. So, here the newest content will be the one to appear right at first, no matter whether it is interesting for the users to see or not.
- Mainly because of this point, the CEO of this platform stated that people are missing out on around 70% of the posts in their current IG feed.
- So, there has been the introduction of a similar form of fashion to the parent company, which is a content controlling new algorithm. This change helps in spotlighting the posts that reaches out to be what users want to know and see right a top of their feeds.
- As mostly defined as one of the fastest ever growing form of social networking site of all time, IG has already racked up over a billion monthly active users. More than 500 million people are actually visiting this site on daily basis.
At this present moment, this social media platform is holding the fourth rank as the most downloaded app of all time. It want to ensure that around 30% of the views that the users are going to get will be the best 30% for them to see.
Always focusing on quality over quantity:
In the year 2014, brands are willing to see a dip in the present organic reach when FB first introduced its own feed based altering algorithm. This current change in the photo stream of IG has always been stated as a nil in coffin for the brands, which are hoping to actually reach the consumers in an organic manner. However, this algorithm, as newly introduced in this system, will not signal any end of business on the IG platform.
- If you check out the history over here, brands which are posting to IG more often are noted to spend a lucrative amount of money. They are further getting experienced and higher levels of engagement around here.
- As per some of the recent studies as indicated over here, IG posts are always likely to get over 308% of the more engagement rate when compared to FB and even 1313% of higher engagement rate when comparing with Twitter.
- Fashion brands are mostly considered to a specifically experience in the engagement ratio on the IG, which is around 13 times more when compared to some of the other rival social networking sites like Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
- There are times when you might worry by thinking that the posts of the brands will sink to bottom of ephemeral IG Ocean, but this current change in the algorithm might allow some post6s to sit right at top of the user’s feed days, just after being posted.
From the above mentioned thoughts, it can be clearly stated that quality will always trumps quantity. So it can always prove to be quite wiser to post in a less frequent manner on IG.
Creating contents which are rather engaging in nature:
As it is a noted plan and always, the main way to remain on the consumers’ feed for the longest period of time is by providing some engaging contents out there. The more your selected users get to engage them with the brand that you house, the higher will be their chances to make it right at top of the feed. If your business can remain in the top, more people will come to learn about it and start making purchases, which will help in business growth now.
- With some higher engagement rate when compared to some other social media platforms, users will always have established relationships with the noted preferred brands.
- IG users are also known to follow some more accounts without the fear of their news feed becoming way too cluttered than usual.
- Marketers and brands will always have to focus right on higher possible quality content and not quite focusing towards the likes that they get on any post.
There are so many changing algorithms that re coming and going when it comes to Instagram platform. You have to check out all the available options and then head towards the one you like the most.