How Do I Recover The Admin Password Of My Netgear Wireless Router? As a matter of fact, the Netgear router password recovery feature allows you to recover your login credentials (admin name and password) if it is changed, lost or forgotten. Moreover, you can only access the Netgear Router login page if you have login details (username and password) handy with you. On the other hand, Netgear recommends that you turn on the router password recovery in case you change the admin password for your Netgear wireless router.
In case you enable the router password recovery earlier, then it is recommended that you follow some handy and easy steps given below.
- First of all, you have to load up a web browser from a device (computer or laptop) that is connected to the WiFi network of your Netgear router properly.
- After that, into the Url bar field of your opened web browser enter routerlogin.net web address.
Note: If routerlogin.net not working, then you can also enter your Router login IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
A login window will display.
- Click on Cancel.
Now, the Netgear Router Password Recovery window will be displayed.
- Here, you have to enter the serial number of your Netgear wireless router.
Note: The serial number of your Netgear wireless router is assigned to your Netgear home product that is usually located on the product’s side, back or the bottom panel.
- Click on Continue.
- Answer to your preferred security questions.
- Click on Continue.
- And that’s it. The admin password displays finally.
In case you did not turn on the password recovery feature of your Netgear router, then we advise you to go for the reset process once.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that your smart WiFi router is turned on properly.
- Locate the factory reset hole. It can easily be found at the back panel of your device.
- Grab a pin or a paper clip.
- Insert it into the reset hole.
- Hold it gently for a few seconds.
- Release it and your router reset successfully.
Note: To avoid login and setup issues, make sure that Netgear router firmware is of the latest technology.
You have recovered your login details successfully, it will be now easier for you to access the settings of your Netgear router.
How to access the settings on a Netgear wireless router
- Plug in your Netgear router closer to your broadband modem. Make sure that your broadband modem is up-to-date.
- Connect a computer or laptop to the Netgear router via Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser.
- Type the router’s default IP address of your Netgear wireless router or routerlogin.net in the URL bar.
- Once done, hit Enter.
- Now, you are prompt to access the router login Netgear page.
- The default login credentials (username and password) supposed to be filled carefully in the required fields of the displayed page.
If you are still facing issues, then make sure that:
- There aren’t any typos in the URL.
- The login details are correct.
- Computer or laptop is physically and properly attached to the Netgear wireless router.
- Your router shouldn’t be placed too close or too far from the broadband modem.
- For more information, ask our technicians for Netgear router support.