Passengers rely on bus companies and operators every day, and only one single mistake could cost the lives of everyone on board. Bus accident tragedies change the lives of families every year. Whether it is for a faster commute or to personally combat climate change, more people around the globe are choosing public transit as a preferred mode of transportation.
After having g all the safety features, school buses, intercity buses, and public rail systems are immune to an accident. Both vehicle occupants and the pedestrian can fall in sudden victim to the sudden collision.
If you have ever been injured on a public transportation carrier, such as bus, light rail, subway or school bus, you could be liable for justice for your pain or suffering. Public bus and national bus companies have a large insurance and legal defense team ready to protect the Monterey interest of their company.
They make sure that you get a low settlement but if you hire a personal injury attorney then you can make a difference and get the actual amount of money.
Let have look at some common bus accident injuries
Bus accidents cause many different types of injuries, often serve or even disastrous. Common injuries passengers suffer when in a bus accident include:-
1. Head Trauma
2. Internal oral injuries
Let have look at the reason for bus accidents
1. Driving Recklessly
2. Poor weather condition
3. Defective bus equipment
4. Improper bus maintenance
5. Dangerous road
6. Bus driver fatigue
7. Driving under drugs and alcohol
How one can file a bus accident claim
The process of filing an accident claim depends on the type of bus involved. Time restriction is an important constraint are an important consideration for both privately owned buses and government-funded transit system. Accident involving public transit has a very limited filling period six month from the date of the incident. This allows the government to instigate the accident and offer a settlement out of the court. Your file must have the following information:-
1. The name of the liable party or parties
2. A detailed account of time, place circumstances of the accident
3. The name and address of the person who is submitting the claim
How a bus driver lawyers can help you
Numerous parties could be found liable for bus accident injury including:-
1. The driver
2. The management
3. Bus Part manufacturer
4. Other careless drivers
5. Government if it is a public bus
As soon as you met with an accident with the bus you need to contact a bus accident lawyer, they will answer all your questions, advise you on the best steps to follow after the accident and being an investigation into the accident.
They investigate the accident by:-
1. Finding the electronic control module (black box) for the bus and getting the information that it is on.
2. Finding any GPS equipment that was on the bus getting the information on it.
3. Obtaining a copy of the driver’s logbook, which will show how many hours the bus driver was on the road and if there any violations of state and federal laws, as well as prove the driver’s condition at the time of the accident.