Setup Hp Wireless Printer On Windows 10 And Mac. HP is a very renowned and popular company that manufactures high-quality electronics and computer gadgets. Various computer peripheral devices such as monitors, mouse, CPU, Keyboards, and printers are manufactured by hp on a very large scale in India and other countries as well. This technology-based century is rapidly switching to wireless connections and that’s why the majority of users from all around the world are now interested in purchasing wireless hp printers for their personal use because using it is more convenient and compatible as compared to traditional wired printers. So, if you are among those who have recently purchased a wireless hp printer but didn’t know how to set up with your Windows PC, then we will mention a step by step guide in this blog which you can follow to successfully connect your PC with your new hp wireless printer.
Step 1: Setting up Windows Update to automatically download the Driver Software when the internet is available.
The very first step involved in the configuration of your hp wireless printer with your windows PC is changing the settings of Automatic download of driver software under the “Change device installation settings”. Click on the Windows icon of your PC and search for “Change Device installation settings” followed by selecting “Yes” option to save the changes.
Step 2: Connecting your hp wireless printer to your PC
Before initiating the driver installation process on your PC, make sure that you will connect the printer with the PC by either wired connection or by Wireless connection.
For wireless connection:
To connect the printer with your PC by wireless medium, there are further two ways for the same. The first one is either by Wireless Setup Wizard or by Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- For the Wireless Setup Wizard, make sure that you will have Network name or SSID, Network Security Password and a computer that is connected to the wireless network. Moreover, make sure that your PC, wireless printer and router are on and working properly. After connecting both your PC and printer to the same wireless network, click on the printer control panel>Setup>Wireless>Wireless Setup Wizard. Now, just follow the on-screen instructions that are displayed on the screen in order to connect your printer with your Computer.
- For the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), just click once on the Printer Control Panel and click on the wireless button and hold it until the wireless led light blinks. Now, press the WPS button of your Wi-Fi router for 2 minutes and then release it. Wait for a few minutes till the printer and router establishes a network connection.
For Wired Connection:
To establish a wired network connection, you must have proper Ethernet cables with you. First of all, you have to connect your PC and router using the Ethernet cable. We recommend our users not to use standard telephone cables for wired connections because they can cause troubles in the network connections. Now, just turn on your printer and connect one end of the Ethernet cable with the printer port and one end to the Wi-Fi router.
Step 3: Installing the print driver using “Add a Printer Wizard Feature”
Now, to install the built-in Print driver in your PC, we will use “Add a Printer” wizard feature. Follow these steps mentioned below to successfully accomplish your task:
- Click on the Windows button and search for the “Control Panel” and open it.
- Now, click on the “Devices and Printers” icon which is present there among other options.
- Click on the “Add a Printer” icon present at the top of the menu bar. Once you click on that option, your PC will automatically start searching for the Printers available for the connection.
- Click on the Printer name which is mentioned in the list followed by clicking on “Next” to install the driver.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup.
Step 4: Finishing the whole Setup connection
Once the Printer Drivers are installed successfully on your PC, the printer is now ready to use. You can open any document or file and can give a print command to see whether the printer is working fine or not. In case if the printer is not executing the print command given by you, then you can take the assistance from hp customer care support to resolve the issue faced by you.
So, the above steps were all about how to connect your hp wireless printer with your Windows 10 PC. Now, further in this blog, we will tell you about how to configure a hp wireless printer setup with your Mac device. So, here is the full step by step guide:
Step 1: Preparing different devices for installation
Before connecting your wireless hp printer and Computer with the same wireless network, make sure that the router, Mac device, and printer are working properly. Once you turn on all these devices, just assemble the Network name (SSID) and Network password. Connect your Mac device to the same wireless connection to which you will connect your hp wireless printer.
Step 2: Connecting the printer to a wireless network
In order to connect the printer to the wireless network, turn on your printer and touch on the wireless button available on the display screen of the printer. Click on Settings>Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions which are displayed on the control panel in order to successfully connect your printer with the wireless connection.
Step 3: Downloading and installing the latest Print Driver
To download and install the latest version of Print Drivers in your mac device, follow these steps according to their order:
- First of all, visit this URL http://123.hp.com/.
- Type or Select your printer model from the drop-down menu from the website.
- After selecting your printer model, click on begin>Download.
- When the file is downloaded in your Mac device, then you can access that from the download folder and can click on it to launch the installer.
- Now, strictly follow the on-screen instructions one by one to finish the installation process.
- When prompted by your Mac device, close the installation software and then, HP utility software will be opened automatically.
- Under the HP utility software window, select the name of your printer and then click on Continue.
- Now, click on the “Add Printer” option and then click on the name of your printer from the list of available devices.
- Below that, click the Use or Print Using menu followed by again selecting the name of your printer from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on the “Add” option and follow the basic on-screen instructions to successfully finish the hp wireless printer setup.
Configuration for 123 hp-setup
123.hp.com/setup is basically an official website of HP printers from where you can directly download the Printer Drivers for your device by entering the model number of your printer. This website/platform also provides a step by step guide to set up the printer to those users who have recently bought a wireless hp printer for themselves. Reliable assistance is provided by this website so that even the non-tech gigs can also set up printers with their PC quite easily. 123 hp-setup includes the downloading and installing of Printer Drivers in your PC to configure the whole setup easily. Here are few of the steps for the setup of HP All in One Printer at 123.hp.com/setup:
- First of all, unbox the printer parcel which you have received.
- Now, check all the box contents very carefully so that any negligence by the company can be reported instantly.
- Load the sheets of paper into the paper tray holder of the printer.
- Place the Ink cartridges in their place and plug in the socket of the printer to the main power supply.
- After the hardware setup is successful, you can now visit 123.hp.com/setupto install the drivers in your PC.