All About Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189. Skilled workers who wish to move to Australia permanently seek the Skill Independent Visa subclass 189 which the most popular Immigration visa to Australia. Those who aspire to have a promising career in a country like Australia with indefinite opportunities can apply for this permit in a situation where they don’t have any employers or relatives residing there to sponsor them or the government of Australia or the territory wouldn’t nominate them.
The applicants of this visa are offered the same based on a points system. It is very simple and uncomplicated a permit for those who have proficiency in English and fulfill the eligibility criteria along with skills and the required experience of a vocation that Australia needs for.
Our experts will be there to help you with everything because of their experience of many years in helping people obtain the immigration visas for Australia, right from creating the account on Skill Select of Immigrants Australia down to the final receipt of the Immigration Visa. They have the required knowledge, experience and qualifications to address any process related queries that are to be followed for the visa.
The Visa 189 is specifically for the tradesmen who are trained and the experts who have the right qualifications from other countries to enable them to move there and help Australia bridge the gaps in skills that are lacking for them at this time. People with this visa are allowed to live as permanent residents and include their immediate family in their application, including partner, children or even stepchildren while acquiring education or working. The family also gets a permanent resident status in Australia along with the rights the same as yours upon a grant of the visa.
The visa 189 can get you enrolled into Australia’s Medicare, the scheme that enables all its residents to receive healthcare for 5 years and allows any number of times they would want to get in and out of Australia during the same period
A total number of 65 points or above that and age of <45 years are required for a skilled worker to be in a position to apply for the Skilled Independent visa, a type that takes between 8 months – 1 year to process.
Time is taken for Processing
The 189 visas can take 8-11 months to process by the authorities in Australia. But the individual situation and circumstances play a major role in the actual time the visa takes to process.
Priority to grant the visa is given the most to those applicants of the Visa 189 whose nature of work appears in their current eligibility list called the MLTSSL (Medium and Long term Strategic Skills) as declared by the government of Australia.
You will receive all the help you need from our team at ISA Migrations & Education Consultants, with the complete the filing and application for immigration, necessary documentation and timely and appropriate response to requests. Our team of consultants would also be able to help speed up the background checks concerning your certificates related to character and health.
Although, there is not much that can be done about what we mentioned as the timeline that the Skilled Independent Visa. However, our consultants who are experts in the visa and immigration subject and are thorough in their knowledge about the process can facilitate cutting back on the wait with the help of right procedures, accurate documentation and correctly filling of the forms.
Reasons for the lengthy processing time of the Visa subclass 189 are as follows:
- The processing time of the visa gets stretched unnecessarily when the Applicants do not submit the form of the application accurately or completely or fail to provide the supporting documents for their claims.
- If the clients do not give a timely response to additional requests of information from the authorities
- It takes time to verify the supporting documents provided by people
- Police verification, health/character certificates such information that needs responses from Migration Agent Perth to take time. We, at ISA Migrations & Education Consultants, can help eliminate the issues by helping you deal with the government processes and getting past their long and time taking procedures as quickly as possible.
- It is also possible that time taken gets longer when the places that are open to immigrants are not at par with the applications for immigration at a particular time
How to find out if you are can qualify to get a Visa Subclass 189 for Australia/ Eligibility/ Requirements for Visa?
- Occupation listed in the MLTSSL list of Australia
- Meeting the requirements of the point-based system
- Passing the test for skills assessment
- Need to have an invitation from the government
- Other requirements
Following criteria are necessary for the Visa 189 at the time of application:
45 years or less
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English
- Work Experience: Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Education: Graduate (or any equivalent)
- Health: Taking the suggested health examination and of the family members even if they are not going with you to Australia.
- Character: Police verification for the applicant and each member of the family, wherever they have resided for more than a year in the last 10 years
- Debts: There shouldn’t be any debts pending to the government of Australia
- Canceled Visas: In case of any canceled or rejected visa while being in Australia in the past, one cannot apply for the said visa