Not wearing a bra with an outfit may be disastrous if you want to show your true self, though there may be many who may prefer not to wear a bra. The need to wear the right bra is typically a personal choice. However, girls as young as 8 years old may need to wear a bra when their breasts start to grow.
It is important that you choose the right type and mold of bra right at the very outset. This will not only ensure that the breasts get the right support but will also ensure that it develops just as it is required without any deformities!
Unfortunately, most mothers do not recognize the importance of choosing the right fitting bra for their daughters for their adolescence during puberty. This is because:
- This is the time to determine the type and shape of the breasts in the future and
- It will not hinder the natural development of the breast.
Believe it or not, choosing the right type of bra is very important during this period because it will prevent the breasts from sagging and developing out of shape.
Advantages Of Wearing The Right Bra
Apart from the fashion aspect and developing the breast to its right shape, there are lots of other benefits of wearing the right type of bra.
- It will help to develop a perfectly defined body posture
- It will prevent the back of the body from any harm and
- It will give the breasts full support as required.
Typically, the measurement of the cup will play a very important role in providing the right support to the breasts. Whether you need the smallest bra size or the largest ones, finding the right bra means to make sure that it fits well, supports the breasts and most importantly, the underbust line is not too tight.
- If you choose a bra with a thicker band it will help the back to hide that extra bulge on your back.
- If you choose the right cup size that will contain the breasts comfortably then it will prevent your breasts from extending out of the bra cup.
- If you have a small size breast you will need to get a cup size that will not have any extra space to make it look odd and ruin your fashionable dress.
However, no matter whichever type and size of bra you choose, you will need to adjust the straps according to your requirement to make sure that it is not too tight. Otherwise, it will pull up the band that is at the back along with the bust. This will make you feel uncomfortable and at the same time, it will make the bust look awkward.
The Right Position
You will also need to consider the right position of the bra you wish to buy. Ideally, the best position is when both the cup of the bra and the back band are in the same line when you wear it.
There is another way in which you can do this. You will have to push the extra bulge at your back toward the front so that it fills up the bra cup. This will also make your bust look fuller. However, if the straps are too loose it will not provide the desired support to the breasts and at the same time it will keep on slipping off your shoulders. If you want to fill in the cup of the bra, you will need to bend your body forward.
When you feel that your bra is out of the shape, do not delay in changing it. This will keep your breasts and body healthy and also prevent any injuries to the breast tissues. Make sure that the underwire is not rusty and also check the inner side of the cup for molding.
Ensure Breast Health
Surprising as it may sound to you, wearing the right kind of bra is not only about fashion but is also about your breast health. This is because any bra that you wear will stretch, displace and damage the breast tissue if it does not fit well and offer little support to your breasts. If you keep on wearing improper bras for a long time, your breasts will sag and droop. There are several factors involved in breast health and bra is one of the most significant ones.
Well, just like any other thing, there is also a difference in opinion as to whether or not one should wear a bra.
- According to a study published by Professor Jean-Denis Rouillon who is a specialist in Sports Medicine at the University Hospital of Besancon, it is suggested that this particular garment should be eliminated.
- Another study by a French doctor suggests that wearing a bra promotes laziness of the pectoral muscles. This will ultimately weaken the muscles and will, in turn, make your breasts more pliable.
It is suggested by them that one should free the breasts as that will stimulates the pectoral muscles and force these to work just as required. It is for this reason not wearing a bra is so much in fashion now.
However, most of the experts and scientists recommend wearing a bra, especially for girls of a certain age. According to a study conducted on women who at one point of the time wore a bra and those who never wear a bra it was found that:
Wearing a bra or not affects breast health according to its significant characteristics but that is just one specific reason. It also depends on several other factors such as:
- Weight changes and
- Other typical hormonal phases in a woman.
Therefore, if you want to look good and fashionable as well as keep your breasts healthy you will need to wear the right type of bra. Take time to make your choice if you are an adult or take your mother with you if you are a young girl and have very little knowledge about bra shopping.